Pregnancy Expert Forum
normal not normal

This forum is for questions and support regarding Caesarean Section , Childbirth, Diabetes, Depression, Fetal Monitoring, Genetic Testing, Hormonal Changes, Labor, Lamaze, Morning Sickness , Nutrition, Parenting, Prenatal Care, Weight gain.

normal not normal

I'm 8 weeks and three days pregnant. I've been sick nauseous all day not just the morning. I vomit mostly liquids and when im not with the liquid I throw up an acid taste and it's orange. What is it? I haven't ate any oranges or anything of that color. Is that normal?
That is completely normal. Im currently 23 weeks with my second. With my first I was sick like that until I was 10 weeks and went and got fluids and zofran from the er. With this one I was sick until 16 weeks. And had to do the same thing. Trust me. Go get some zofran. It's fantastic. Hang in there and good luck!
Thank you. I feel like crap I feel sick all day I just want to be in bed all day. Do you buy it over the counter or prescription?
Your Dr will give it too you or the Dr at er will. If I were you just to be on the safe side, I'd go to the er when ever you have the time and just get a few bags of fluid and they will wright you a script. You will feel like a million times better. And they will check to make sure all your levels are okay for the baby.
Great thank you!
I'm 13 weeks been sick since my 3rd week everrrrryday!  It's normal.  
The orange tinted liquid you're puking up sounds like stomach bile from an empty stomach! Sounds like you're dehydrated and having a rough time. Same thing happened with my sister just recently and she was hospitalized for 3 days because she was puking every 5 mins!!! They have her on 4 different types of nausea meds, lol. But, all is good now.

Nausea is actually a very good sign that everything is good with the baby!

Congrats and good luck
Thank you so much ladies. Do I tell my doctor about my orange acid taste like liquid I vomit. I try to drink lots of water but I get tired of water and sometimes it grosses me out.
Hi all. I am 34 Weeks along and I have told my doctor I have smoke pot every once and a while. She suggest I quit and. She told me the hospital may take a hair and blood sample. And I forgot to ask why. I figure the main reason is because of the babies health. I have had a previous child years ago and she turned out great. I have two children already (step-daughter) who is 7 and my daughter who is 4 1/2 that I take care of full time. My husband has custody of my step-daughter. I do not smoke cigarettes and I have NEVER done any other drug, nor do I drink at all. On occasions I would when I WASN'T pregnant. but not since I found out I was. SO if you tell your baby doctor you smoke pot they may want to test you. I did cut back significantly and just recently quit completly since I am close to my due date and plan on breastfeeding YET AGAIN. (It's hard when my husband like to smoke as well) I cannot see anything wrong with smoking pot while pregnant. And can't see why CAS would take away a child just because of pot smoking. Smoking cigarettes is way worse for you. I am still concerned that they will be there at the hospital though if test positive. I have delt with cas before with my step-daughter, like i said my husband got custody of her 4 years ago and they knew we smoked pot and they were fine with it as long as it wasn't when we were under the care of the children, it was never an issue. But I wish I can get a doctors perspective to give me medical reasons why they would test you. I am confident that everything will turn out fine. But still annoyed that people are so judgmental when mothers who smoke cigarettes barely get hound on and that's worse than marijuana. Best of luck! I am in Toronto Canada. There is a link I copied and pasted from showing that there is no actual evident s that Cannabis is like other drugs where a baby would have withdrawals etc etc.

Here is what we know so far about the effects of illegal drugs:

Cannabis (marijuana)
Cannabis (marijuana) is the most widely used illegal drug. Many experts disagree about the effects of cannabis on an unborn baby, as the evidence is very mixed. These experts say more research is needed.

However, it's possible that taking cannabis during pregnancy could cause problems for your baby, including:If you smoke cannabis you also expose your baby to the risks related to smoking. If you smoke, you are more likely to go into premature labour. There's also a higher chance that your baby will be born with a low birth weight and other complications. Sometimes, smoking in pregnancy can even lead to a baby being stillborn.
Ive heard that they may take a hair and blood sample to prove that u have been smoking during pregnancy and they will use it against u to take your baby. Not sure if its true but its what ive heard.