Pregnancy Expert Forum
not gaining weight
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding Caesarean Section , Childbirth, Diabetes, Depression, Fetal Monitoring, Genetic Testing, Hormonal Changes, Labor, Lamaze, Morning Sickness , Nutrition, Parenting, Prenatal Care, Weight gain.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

not gaining weight

Hi I'm 19 and this is my first child I'm 29 weeks n I only weight one 148 I went from 173 to 148 in two months will that effect me when I'm giving birth I'm really small
603463_tn?1220630455
Hi!
IF you were my patient, I would want to investigate the cause of your weight loss--for example check your thyroid hormone level, etc.  I would also want to do a growth scan for the baby to be sure that he/she is growing appropriately.  If everything was fine, and the weight just came off because you are eating a healthier diet, or etc, then I wouldn't worry.
Depending upon your height, your weight may be appropriate.
Many women don't weigh more than that when they deliver--actually it can be a benefit.
Get it checked out though!
Dr B
4 Comments
Blank
Im 35 weeks pregnant and I lost 10 lbs 3 or so months in and gained 5 the past 2 months, so, I'm actually under my prepregnancy weight. My doctor said it want an issue so you should be fine.
Blank
Your weight won't effect your babies weight. As long as you're healthy your baby will be.
Blank
If you're eating right, you should be fine(:
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
603463_tn?1220630455
Elaine Brown, MDBlank
Elaine Brown, MD - BLOG
Billings, MT
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker