Pregnancy Expert Forum
not gaining weight

This forum is for questions and support regarding Caesarean Section , Childbirth, Diabetes, Depression, Fetal Monitoring, Genetic Testing, Hormonal Changes, Labor, Lamaze, Morning Sickness , Nutrition, Parenting, Prenatal Care, Weight gain.

not gaining weight
Hi I'm 19 and this is my first child I'm 29 weeks n I only weight one 148 I went from 173 to 148 in two months will that effect me when I'm giving birth I'm really small
Hi!
IF you were my patient, I would want to investigate the cause of your weight loss--for example check your thyroid hormone level, etc.  I would also want to do a growth scan for the baby to be sure that he/she is growing appropriately.  If everything was fine, and the weight just came off because you are eating a healthier diet, or etc, then I wouldn't worry.
Depending upon your height, your weight may be appropriate.
Many women don't weigh more than that when they deliver--actually it can be a benefit.
Get it checked out though!
Dr B
Im 35 weeks pregnant and I lost 10 lbs 3 or so months in and gained 5 the past 2 months, so, I'm actually under my prepregnancy weight. My doctor said it want an issue so you should be fine.
Your weight won't effect your babies weight. As long as you're healthy your baby will be.
If you're eating right, you should be fine(: