Pregnancy Expert Forum
ovulation 2 days before period

This forum is for questions and support regarding Caesarean Section , Childbirth, Diabetes, Depression, Fetal Monitoring, Genetic Testing, Hormonal Changes, Labor, Lamaze, Morning Sickness , Nutrition, Parenting, Prenatal Care, Weight gain.

ovulation 2 days before period

I recently started testing for ovulation with the ovulation test kits and I noticed that I ovulate 1 to 2 days before my period. Can I still get pregnant? My periods only last between 5 to 6 days.
Hi!
Something is off with your predictors!  The menstrual period always occurs exactly 14 days after ovulation.  The number of days BEFORE ovulation can vary a lot, but the number of days afterwards is always the same.

If you were my patient, I would ask about your cycles.  If they are consistently 24-28 days long, with 5-6 day menstrual periods, I would suspect that you are indeed ovulating.  I would probably do an FSH level on cycle day 3. (Cycle day 1 is the first day of the menstrual period).  I would then do an ultrasound on cycle day 11 or 12 to look for a developing follicle.  On day 21 I would check a progesterone level to see if you did indeed ovulate and if your luteal phase was sufficient ( a good progesterone level suggests that it is.)

Ovulation predictors can be very confusing, and I think that the BBTs are not a bad idea in your case.  USUALLY, the fertile time is during cycle days 11-16--so whatever else you do, have intercourse during that time frame--at least every other day.

Good luck!
Dr B
You need to have a luteal phase ( days between your ovulation and next period) of at least 10 days to sustain a pregnancy. Are you sure your readings are accurate? Your line needs to be as dark or darker than the test line. Maybe it wasn't really a positive because we always have a bit if lh in our body. On average, women have between a 10-14 day luteal phase if not it can be problematic.  Start charting your bbt. This is the only way to know when you definitely ovulate. You can read up on it. I know I get slot of false positive opk's and would be lost if I didn't chart.
Good luck ;)
I been tracking it for about two months and the line is alwas darker than the test line. Its so confusing but yes I will start charting my bbt...THanks.