Pregnancy Expert Forum
pain

This forum is for questions and support regarding Caesarean Section , Childbirth, Diabetes, Depression, Fetal Monitoring, Genetic Testing, Hormonal Changes, Labor, Lamaze, Morning Sickness , Nutrition, Parenting, Prenatal Care, Weight gain.

pain
Im 5weeks and i have cramps at night and in the morning i also get cramps when my husband lays on top of me is that bad???? I also cant sleep becouse my legs are restless????? Im kind of scared should i be?????/
Hi!
Cramping in early pregnancy is normal unless it is associated with bleeding, so if you were my patient, I would reassure you that you are probably OK.
Restless legs syndrome can develop or worsen during pregnancy (although you are quite early!).  There are medications for the syndrome, although they are probably best avoided during pregnancy if possible.  
Congratulations on the pregnancy!
Good luck!
Dr B
Firstly, stop your husband lying on top of you if it hurts, not sure what you mean by him lying on you in the first place. Secondly if you are co concerned about pain call your midwife or gp
Cramps are normal. It is just your uterus expanding and getting ready for the growth of your baby. If the pains become very strong, are on one side only or you get any bleeding then get checked out, otherwise it is just one of the first side effects of pregnancy with many more to come!