Pregnancy Expert Forum
period while pregnant

This forum is for questions and support regarding Caesarean Section , Childbirth, Diabetes, Depression, Fetal Monitoring, Genetic Testing, Hormonal Changes, Labor, Lamaze, Morning Sickness , Nutrition, Parenting, Prenatal Care, Weight gain.

period while pregnant

So I'm a month and a few days pregnant. I took six tests and a test at a clinic, all show up as positive.
Today I had bleeding like I was on my period, cramps and all. I'm worried about the baby.
I went to the hospital and they were no help, they took a urine sample amd it showed up as negative. But when I came home I took two tests and they show up as positive. The hospital I went to is known for not getting things right the first time and they tend to mess up a lot..

I'm in the process of getting my medical coverage and the doctor I wanna see won't see me till I'm at least eight weeks.  I just wanna know how normal is it to be having "vaginal bleeding," and if my baby is ok...
Hi!
If you were my patient, I would do a blood pregnancy test. I hate to say so, but it is pretty difficult to make a mistake about a pregnancy test.  It is possible that this is your period and that you never were pregnant. It is probably a good idea to get a third opinion on the subject.
Good luck!
Dr B
Its very normal in early pregnancy. Aa Long as your cramps don't bring you severe pain, you're okay. Cramps are normal too, its your body adjusting to its new role and making space for your baby. Do you have any walk in clinics in your area? I would suggest going to one of those and getting them to test you, especially if the hospital isn't being much help.
But then why would all these seperate pregnancy tests show up as positive?
We have a lot of free pregnancy test places, not to sure about the walk in ones. Imma have to look into it. Thanks. I'm just really hoping for the best.
Find a place that does a blood test, you may have to pay for it, but it shouldn't be much. Best of luck.
I had the same thing happen to me last August. I took 3 or 4 tests thY were positive but when I went to my doctor he said I was negative. I was starting to think I was imaging things. I went to the ER n they told me the same thing until I told the doctor that I knew my body and knew I was pregnant. He took another test and waited and faintly the lines started showing up. In my opinion go to ER. I ended up having an etopic pregnancy and Those are tricky. Please take care and find out what is going on ASAP...;)