Pregnancy Expert Forum
pink/brown fluid- semi discharge..

This forum is for questions and support regarding Caesarean Section , Childbirth, Diabetes, Depression, Fetal Monitoring, Genetic Testing, Hormonal Changes, Labor, Lamaze, Morning Sickness , Nutrition, Parenting, Prenatal Care, Weight gain.

pink/brown fluid- semi discharge..

On may6-2011 I started to notice I had brown discharge every few hours. Today may8-2011 it is more of a light pink blood but nothing is appearing on my underwear its only when I wipe. I started a new birth control on april 19 since my last period ended on april 16.I did have unprotected sex with my boyfriend during my high fertility week and even the day my body ovulated. Now a week before my period is supposed to start I'm having these spottings discharge.I have noticed I have used to rest room more frequently also. I was told my BC wouldn't work for about a month after starting. I'm just curious if its because I just recently started BC or if I am possibly pregnant and having implantatin bleeding. I do have a kid now - I was hoping to wait a little bit longer but if I am pregnant I will keep him/her. Advice?
Hi!
I ALWAYS recommend a pregnancy test.  That would be the first place to start.  If that is negative, then I would attribute the spotting to the new pill.  If positive, you know what to do, since you already have one child!  The spotting is NOT a reason to stop taking the pill if you are not pregnant.  We usually recommend taking a new pill for at least 3 cycles to let your body adjust.  In most cases, the bleeding will resolve itself into a regular period at the end of the pack.  It is VERY IMPORTANT to take all of the pills and take them at the same time each day.  If you miss one, call your doctor for instructions.

Oh, and if the test is positive, stop the pills.

Good luck!
Dr B
I am 36 and had a tubal pregnancy approx 5 years ago.  I started bleeding 23 days ago and it hasnt stopped.  I have been to docs and had the pregnancy confirmed and HCG of 700 on first blood test.  Im in pain most of the time and  it hurts like hell to pee and sit down, docs dont seem to be concerned and now have to wait until Tuesday next week for results of second bloods really worried..................