Pregnancy Expert Forum
pls suggest
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding Caesarean Section , Childbirth, Diabetes, Depression, Fetal Monitoring, Genetic Testing, Hormonal Changes, Labor, Lamaze, Morning Sickness , Nutrition, Parenting, Prenatal Care, Weight gain.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

pls suggest

I had my periods on 9th nov...had sex on 18th nov during fertility period...but had ipill within one hour of sex...tested after ovulution at home it was negative..tested twice..but now i had periods on 3rd dec for 2days then on 5th nd 6th dec i had spotting nd again on 7th light period...shud i do another test...to check if m preagnant??? And also beta hcg results are reliable if i m spotting..do i need to do beta hcg test ...??? Pls help...
603463_tn?1220630455
Hi!
If you were my patient, I would advise you that the home tests are quite accurate nowadays.  Sometimes it is helpful to get the test done at a clinic or doctor's office.  beta hcg results are reliable if you are bleeding.
Good luck!
Dr B
3 Comments
Blank
Start with a home pregnancy test and go from there. If the time for your period has come or passed its your best start. If positive then schedule a follow up blood or urine pregnancy test with your doctor. It sounds like you were trying to prevent the pregnancy so if that is the case and you are not pregnant, it would be wise to get some condoms. Good luck either way.
Blank
I also had my period on nov.9th I was suppose start my period yesterday...I was spotting last week took a home pregnancy yesterday (positive). Doctor today confirmed I'm 4wks :-) home test are very accurate.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank
Oct 04 by Lee Kirksey, MDBlank