Pregnancy Expert Forum
pregnacey

This forum is for questions and support regarding Caesarean Section , Childbirth, Diabetes, Depression, Fetal Monitoring, Genetic Testing, Hormonal Changes, Labor, Lamaze, Morning Sickness , Nutrition, Parenting, Prenatal Care, Weight gain.

pregnacey

hi everyone i am pregnant with my second child.....the birth was great 2 hour Labor i loved every second of it.....however i did suffer alot of pain with haveing a wee after it stung alot!.....i was wondering is the second child less painfull?

also!

i went off alot of food in that pregnacey mainley meat and i still cant eat it.....iv gone off alot of food now also and im loseing a lot of weight i am 5ft 4inc and im 5 month pregnant weighing in at 59kg....should i be worried? in early pregnacey with this child i was 10st and im so not any more i still have room in size 10 jeans

thanks ladies xx
Hi!
The second delivery is almost always easier than the first.  The labor pains are just as bad, but the pushing and the actual delivery are usually MUCH easier.  Your bladder will probably not be as traumatized either.  There is not too much you can do about your weight when you are pregnant.  Obviously no one should INTENTIONALLY lose weight. The standard advice is to eat frequent small meals.  Keep something in your stomach, but not too much! Most women start to gain by week 20, and we usually recommend gaining about 3-4lb (2kg) per month. or, a total of about 10kg (20-25lb).
You want to be certain you are eating healthy food and getting sufficient protein, but that can come from fish, eggs, dairy products, nuts, etc.  Many women can't tolerate meat while pregnant. Do the best you can, and remember you will be able to eat better after the birth!
Good luck!
Dr B
well, for being as little as you are, u should gain probably at least 25 pounds during pg but most women do not need to raise calories until 2nd trimester. i lose about 50 pounds during my 4 pg but i'm deathly ill with very ugly complications. i think as long as u feel good and baby is growing than i wouldn't worry too much. eating healthy is more important than gaining weight from junk food. only u know how good your eating for the baby. good luck.
thankyou for your comment i guessing ur rite. i was getting worried with the comments my gp gave me when i seen him when i couldnt stand with out almost fainting,
i am verry sorry to hear about ur illness hope things look up for you x