Pregnancy Expert Forum
pregnancy

This forum is for questions and support regarding Caesarean Section , Childbirth, Diabetes, Depression, Fetal Monitoring, Genetic Testing, Hormonal Changes, Labor, Lamaze, Morning Sickness , Nutrition, Parenting, Prenatal Care, Weight gain.

pregnancy
I am 32 weeks and 3 days pregnant with twins and i have braxton-hicks contractions throughout the day (at least 3 an hour). Will i deliver earlier than 36 weeks, which i am aiming for???
Hi!
Braxton hicks contractions by definition are contractions that don't dilate the cervix.
If your cervix is not dilating, then things are going well. I don't think anyone who doesn't have a crystal ball could tell you exactly when you will deliver though!
In my practice, we ask people to report in if they have more than 6 contractions in an hour that don't respond to fluids and rest.  Also, if you are getting lots of contractions, try emptying your bladder to see if that helps.  If you notice a change in your contraction pattern--more frequent, stronger, more regular, you should definitely call in too!
Good luck!
Dr B