Pregnancy Expert Forum
pregnant? all the symptoms or a cyst flaring up again?

This forum is for questions and support regarding Caesarean Section , Childbirth, Diabetes, Depression, Fetal Monitoring, Genetic Testing, Hormonal Changes, Labor, Lamaze, Morning Sickness , Nutrition, Parenting, Prenatal Care, Weight gain.

a few months ago i had a ultrasound showing i had a small (3cm) cyst on my left ovary. i have a week left until my period is due, i have a 33day cycle. the last few days i have been feeling sick in the evening, i have quite sore breasts straight after ovulation, increased discharge, bloated & a constant full feeling, around the time i think i ovulated i had a tiny amount of pink bleeding over 2 days that was bearly nothing, along with cramps in my stomach & a bit of a achy back the last week.

im just wondering if this could be pregnancy as we have been trying or could this be the cyst flaring up again as i know they can give symptoms like pregnancy?

any advice would be great
thanks
Tags: ALL
Hi!
If you were my patient, I would recommend waiting until you miss your period and then checking a pregnancy test.  I don' t recommend testing until the period is late as it is too expensive and low yield.
Once the period is late, do the test and if positive, you can probably chalk the symptoms up to pregnancy as opposed to a cyst.

Good luck!
Dr B
Im 5months pregnant wit twins and i have 2 small cyst 1 on each ovary the only thing is i be in a lot of pain due to da pressurr of da babies and da cysts very painful 2 deal with but so far im good
Did u know u had the cysts before u fell pregnant? I had a scan 6weeks after they found it & told me it was nothing to worry about! I'm quite achy today, dunno of all these signs r in my head or not! Waiting is so not easy
I had no idea i had cysts but knew right away i was pregnant due to me missing my period for december. I know the waiting game is hard! But its the only way to tell. Im now 15 wks and doctor said theres nothing to do about it until after baby is here, but for most women they just disappear after giving birth. Goodluck!