Pregnancy Expert Forum
pregnant or not?

This forum is for questions and support regarding Caesarean Section , Childbirth, Diabetes, Depression, Fetal Monitoring, Genetic Testing, Hormonal Changes, Labor, Lamaze, Morning Sickness , Nutrition, Parenting, Prenatal Care, Weight gain.

pregnant or not?

i am 8 days late for my period. i have never been more then a day late. i have taken at home pregnancy tests for the past 3 days all with a negative result. i feel pregnant my nipples are getting darker, i am constatly sick to my stomach, and always tired. my brests are tingly and i am constipated (which i hear is common). i just dont feel right. i talked to my mom and she said with me and all my sibling she had negatine at home tests untill she was almost nine weeks. is it possible that i am pregnant but just can tell with a test yet?
Hi!
Yes, it is possible. The best way to find out for certain is to have a blood test done, or a urine test in a reliable doctors' office or clinic.  Sometimes PMS symptoms and early pregnancy symptoms are very similar, especially when the period is late, but get the test and find out!
Good luck!
Dr B
i went to my family doctor monday and he did a blood test and said it was neg. but there could still be a possibilty of me being pregnant. i don't know what to think. he said come back if i miss another period and we will do another test.
hi all, i am now about 9 days late , my last period started on 29 june and lasted for about 3 days i have 2 boys already and so i know what preganncy feel like. i feel pregnant but i have done 6 tests now and all were negative. i went to see the doctor monday and she told me that i needed to wait till friday to go for a blood so she booked me in. i cannot understand why they are showing negative if i am late as i have always been on time, i feel sick but not actually sick and i have been getting tired but the doctor said that the symptoms would not show this early and that home tests would pick up any hgc in my urine. is anyone in the same situation and did anyone get a positive result after beeing so late please help i would be grateful. i will post back monday with the results xx
my wife has taken 3 home preg test all came back positive she took one urine test with the doctor and come back negative?? my wife then started to get some pains and loss of blood so we went to the hospital where they took another urine test and came back negative so they then took a blood test which came back as positive with hcg levels 117 we had a ultra sound which they could see nothing which the women doing it said she would be able to see anyway at such an early stage (3 - 4 weeks) so then she done an enternal untra sound to see if she could see a sack but again nothing we have to go back on 4 days time but were so confused to wether she is pregnant or not, any advice would be fantastic thank you
you should go to the dr and get a blood test done to no for sure and make sure. sometimes preg test dont work for some people.
hey could someone check out the hpt pic in my profile and tell me whether its postive, negative or invalid
hi i just wanted to let everyone know after two missed periods, 3 trips to the er, and multiple negative tests...i finally got a positive....the doc says everything is ok and i am 7weeks 3days along!!!!!
Congrats shayne009 that is wonderful news.  Your journey has given me hope my period is now 17 days late and home tests and a blood test have come back negative.  My doctor also wants to see me after I have missed a second period to do another blood test.  I have not taken another test since I was a week late and got a negative result from the blood test and home tests.  I am scared to take another test and get another negative result because the heartbreak is tearing me appart.  Any advice on what to do to keep me sane while I wait?
Hello Ladies,

I too am now in the same boat. I am only 3 days late but i've never been late before. Plus i had a temp spike for 3 days in a row just as i was suppose to start then it went back down but still over my coverline so I'm so confused.  I've done 2 tests that have come back negative.  One i did at night and the other in the morning. We've been trying for 9 months and this is the first time i've ever been late.

blbaird83- i really hope you get a positive test the next time.  I can just imagine how hard it must be every time you see a negative but AF still doesn't show it's very confusing i know.

shayne009- Congratulations! and thank you for your post...you give all us women who are late and keep getting Neg results inspiration that it may still be positive eventually.
hiya i have had all the symtoms (symptoms) of a pregnancy and i feel pregnant i have had morning sickness sore breasts im tired a;ll of the time and my stomoach has swelled i had a 1 day bleed other day then stopped then today i have had another little bleed a day later it is only a couple of spots though i took a pt about a week ago they said it will be too early to know yet to go bk in 2 weeks since then i had the bleed i am really worried as i have been trying for a baby for 3 years now and was really happy when i was late and had symtoms (symptoms) but now im losing hope please can somebody give me some advice thankyou stacey
just wait and be hopeful...time will tell...i had so many negative tests but somewhere in my heart i just knew...finally after two missed periods and i was about to miss another i took a test and it was positive i went to the doctors and they confirmed everything was fine...i am still nervous though...
Well i spoke to soon.  AF full force at 5:00am.  She's a mean one!  I hate this, i wish we could just conceive already...i'm so sad and depressed that once again AF shows.  And this time i really had my hopes up because i've never been late.  Maybe my body is trying to tell me that i just shouldn't have children...this is so discouraging!