Pregnancy Expert Forum
really really confused

This forum is for questions and support regarding Caesarean Section , Childbirth, Diabetes, Depression, Fetal Monitoring, Genetic Testing, Hormonal Changes, Labor, Lamaze, Morning Sickness , Nutrition, Parenting, Prenatal Care, Weight gain.

really really confused

About 3 weeks ago the hospital gave me a ultrasound n measured the gestational sac. They said I was 5 w 4 days. Just got another today and they measured the baby ( there wasn't a visible baby before) n said I'm 6 w3days. How is that? I was soupossed to be 8 weeks on Sunday n now there telling me something else..what's going on.??
Hi!
If you were my patient, I would evaluate the size of the gestational sac and whether or not there was a visible heart beat.  It sounds (unfortunately) as though you have a "missed miscarriage" which means that the baby isn't developing normally and you are going to miscarry.  I could be completely wrong, but you need to see and obstetrician promptly to help you sort out the ultrasound findings.
Good luck!
Dr B
But I had one today n there was a visible heartbeat n she said it was beating fine...
Sometimes the sac is bigger than what the baby is in gestation its hard for them to tell so early on i got told i was should be about 12 weeks on friday but another scan should i was actually 13 and a day so they dont always get it right hipe all goes well for u x