Pregnancy Expert Forum
spotting and 13 weeks pregnant

This forum is for questions and support regarding Caesarean Section , Childbirth, Diabetes, Depression, Fetal Monitoring, Genetic Testing, Hormonal Changes, Labor, Lamaze, Morning Sickness , Nutrition, Parenting, Prenatal Care, Weight gain.

spotting and 13 weeks pregnant

I am 13 weeks 3 days pregnant.Baby's heart beat has been good all along(have been doing ultasound every week for 11 weeks).Had heavy bleeding during my 12th week.Went to my Gyn and she told everything was fine.
Baby was doing good.10% of the placenta got ruptured.Went for another ultrasound after 4 days and the placeta was looking good and the baby was doing fine(60mm long and 160 heartbeat).But I have been spotting and today I passed a very small clot.When I contacted my doc , they asked me not to worry unless I have heavy bleeding.
This is my first pregnancy.I am not sure what to do now.Please advice.
Hi!
salute01 is absolutely correct, you must call your doctor again! It is entirely possible that what you are passing is old blood from the 12 week episode.  When the placenta separates and there is blood behind it, it has to escape eventually. I really hope this is what is going on.  
     Another possibility is that there is a new bleed. If it is a new bleed, it could mean that more of the placenta has separated.  There is really not much that can be done, with the exception of prayer and bed rest, and even bed rest has no proven benefit.  If you were my patient, I would ultrasound AGAIN to double check the baby's hearbeat.
    If you can't get a satisfactory response from your doctor, remember that there is always the emergency room--we usually tell our patients to go in if they:
saturate more than one large pad per hour for more than one hour.
Can someone please help me with this.I have started passing big clots with some bleeding too.
Hi Dear,

Can you contact your doctor again and let them know.  

I went to my Gyn yesterday.She checked my cervix and it was completely closed.
It was the old blood from the 12th week bleeding.Baby is doing fine(did a ultrasound).
But she also told me that the placenta is near the cervix?Will I end up having placenta previa?or is it too early to say?

Thanks a lot for all the support.
Though i was surfing the net for more information related to pregnancy problems, since my wife who is facing the same problem..she was having spotting for the last 4 days. She is now 12.6 weeks. this is the second time that spotting and clotting appears.
She is worried about the miscarriage. But doctor scanned 2 times and said its an old blood which appears as spotting and said no need to worry unless there is any heavy bleeding. Since then, we are relieved from a panic situation. . It happens in most cases, in order to remove the  old blood. So my suggestion is no need to worry.

m 13wks n 2day preg yesterday...n had experience slightly tiny blood when i got up from bed on my panties...but no pain..went to see my doctors n she did an u/s n everything seems normal including my baby..but,there is slightly open space at the edge of my placenta,just a small part,tht is y m having the blood coming out..so now,m on medication to help my problem..now,in 2wks times m planning to go 4 a vacation with my family...the journey will takes 8hrs the it's destination by air..can i still travel if my problem getting fine within 1wks from now?..