Pregnancy Expert Forum
spotting at 6 weeks?

This forum is for questions and support regarding Caesarean Section , Childbirth, Diabetes, Depression, Fetal Monitoring, Genetic Testing, Hormonal Changes, Labor, Lamaze, Morning Sickness , Nutrition, Parenting, Prenatal Care, Weight gain.

spotting at 6 weeks?
It took me 4 years of ttc and a # of IUI's, Clomid cycles, and IVF's. We had been trying naturally and i just got my very first positive pregnancy test!! I am so excited. I had a blood test at the doctors and my HCG was 286 and progesterone was 14.2 which they say is low so i've been taking progesterone suppositories since then. Had another blood test on Friday but am waiting those results until Monday because of the holiday the office is closed this weekend. Last night I began spotting Very lightly. I am so nervous. It is very light and only shows when I wipe on the paper a little bit (sorry tmi). Is this normal or should I be very worried? anybody else lightly spot in early pregnancy?
Hi!
Spotting early on is quite common, and is not necessarily an indication of a miscarriage.  If you were my patient, I would ask you to come in for another hcg level and an ultrasound if the level is at least 1000.  Unfortunately, there is not much else to do besides wait and see what is going to happen.  Take care of yourself and rest until you can get in to see your doctor.
Good luck!
Dr B