Pregnancy Expert Forum
spotting two weeks after period

This forum is for questions and support regarding Caesarean Section , Childbirth, Diabetes, Depression, Fetal Monitoring, Genetic Testing, Hormonal Changes, Labor, Lamaze, Morning Sickness , Nutrition, Parenting, Prenatal Care, Weight gain.

spotting two weeks after period
I had my period April 24th and two weeks later I had spotting. The fist day it was a little red and then turned brown. My husband had a vesectomy 4 1/2 years ago and he didn't have a reversal. My dr said to take a hpt. I thought that when you have a vasectomy you can't get pregnant? If the test comes out neg what else could cause the spotting after my period? Thanks
Hi! I have 4 too!
Most of the time after a vasectomy you are in the clear as far as pregnancy goes, but nothing is ever 100%.  I once had a patient who had her tubes tied, and he had a vasectomy, and they still managed to get pregnant somehow!
If the hpt is negative, It is very likely that the cause is hormonal.  Some women have a drop in hormone levels around the time of ovulation which causes just a little spotting.  If it happens only one time, I would advise a patient of mine not to worry about it.
If it starts happening frequently, I would wonder about the possibility of a polyp or fibroid, and would recommend a saline ultrasound.

Hope this is useful!
Dr B