Pregnancy Expert Forum
spotting
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding Caesarean Section , Childbirth, Diabetes, Depression, Fetal Monitoring, Genetic Testing, Hormonal Changes, Labor, Lamaze, Morning Sickness , Nutrition, Parenting, Prenatal Care, Weight gain.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

spotting

I've been spotting since I was 5 weeks 5days. Its increasing in volume but is off and on. I'm now 7 weeks 3days and going in for a rhogam shot because I'm RH negative. I had an ultrasound at 6 weeks 5days and saw baby's heartbeat :-) I noticed the baby appeared close to my cervix but doc didn't mention it. I asked and he said all pregnancies start that way? Is that true? Ill get another ultrasound in a few weeks but I'm just trying to find an explanation for the bleeding as I've had 2 previous pregnancies and never any bleeding.
603463_tn?1220630455
Hi!
If you were my patient, I would also reassure you that the pregnancy close to the cervix is normal.  While the spotting is not normal, it is common, and as long as there is a heartbeating things are OK.  It may just be a subchorionic hemorrhage which is similar to a bruise and will (hopefully) heal itself.  
Hope this helps a bit!
Dr B
5 Comments
Blank
3604513_tn?1355540350
I'm 9 weeks and 6 days prego I bleed once every week and my doctor told me that my babe is healthy but my placenta and uterus are really closed together and that maybe that's why. I'm spotting since I find out I was having a babe. It's scary but have faith. They told me that I was not going to make it ti the first month and now I'm almost 3 months. Good luck
Blank
Hey well I  was told by my dr that needing the rh shot can make you spot ive been spotting off and on now for 2 1/2 Weeks n it scared the crap out of me but my dr reassured me that some women spot during pregnancy and every thing was fine and I need not worry. So you should be alright your drs usually always know if something is wrong. Im 16 Weeks tomorrow next drs apointment I find out what I'm having :-)
Blank
Im 4weeks if i am . An im not spotting but i havent  got my period but im not suposeed to until the 27th but my ex boyfriend dident pull out?  Could i be pregnat?!!
Blank
They told me that too everything they told you
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
603463_tn?1220630455
Elaine Brown, MDBlank
Elaine Brown, MD - BLOG
Billings, MT
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker