Pregnancy Expert Forum
strange fetal movements

This forum is for questions and support regarding Caesarean Section , Childbirth, Diabetes, Depression, Fetal Monitoring, Genetic Testing, Hormonal Changes, Labor, Lamaze, Morning Sickness , Nutrition, Parenting, Prenatal Care, Weight gain.

strange fetal movements
I am 36+ weeks pregnant with my 4th baby. All prenatal tests have come back normal. I'm worried because for about the last 3 months or so I have felt the weirdest movements in there, she moves in ways that my other 3 babies never did. I have asked several other mothers if they have felt something similiar, and they usually look at me like I'm nuts, as did my ob. She said it must be hiccups, but I know what hiccups feel like, this is my 4th baby...

The best way I can describe it is vibrations. She vibrates. And sometimes it feels more like a tremor, or maybe even a seizure. It creeps me out. It's not all the time, but it's been more often lately. For the last couple of months I would notice it for a minute or two at a time, 3-4 times a week. But for the last week or so it's been for like 3-5 minutes at a time, 2-3 times a day. It's not her whole body at once. Sometimes I feel it way down in my pelvis where her head is, and sometimes I feel it along her back. And 90% of the time she winds up with the hiccups right after she has a vibrating episode.

Have you ever heard of that before? What could that be?

I'm not sure what it is you may be feeling, but I'd be reassured by the fetal testing.  And fortunately, you will be meeting this baby soon and maybe will figure out what all the vibrations were about.  It is highly unlikely what you feel are fetal seizures.

Best regards,

Dr. Downing
I am about 15 weeks pregnant and the baby used to move around a lot at night but in the last week or so the baby hasn't moved. I have had 2 kids befor and they use to always move could this be something serious or am I just over reacting
If your baby hasn't moved you may need to go to the doc something may be wrong
Hello, I have the same feelings so i know what you mean. I am now 30 weeks and 3 days..and i have felt these kind of vibrations for  about 3 weeks off and on this is my first so i wasnt sure if it is normal but the OB said this is normal its just the baby stuck on something or trying to get in position to get ready to come out. so hope this helped a little GOODLUCK!!
A related discussion, weirded out was started.