Pregnancy Expert Forum
stress + pregancy

This forum is for questions and support regarding Caesarean Section , Childbirth, Diabetes, Depression, Fetal Monitoring, Genetic Testing, Hormonal Changes, Labor, Lamaze, Morning Sickness , Nutrition, Parenting, Prenatal Care, Weight gain.

stress + pregancy
So i know its bad to stress while pregnant, but why??
Hi!
If you were my patient, I would advise you that the amount of concern for the baby depends on the degree of stress on the mother.  Almost every woman has stress in her life.  If the stress is severe enough to cause her to lose weight, the baby might not grow appropriately--that is just one example.
The majority of women cope with their stress fairly well so that is doesn't affect the baby significantly.
Hope this helps!
Dr B
cause it can cause pretem labor but  try not to, find things that can calm you down for your health and the baby. A warm bath, a walk, listening to music or even shopping for the baby.
Because when the mom stresses it puts the baby in stress also. When the moms heartbeat raises so does the babies. Even tho it's a delayed effect and the baby will get it probably after the mom is already calmed down. But stressing out will lead to complications for the baby and in the worst case scenario would be miscarriage. So that's why you shouldn't and need to try to relax.
U should keep urself busy, in d work u like doing, hope it help, :)
Take care.....