Pregnancy Expert Forum
swelling

This forum is for questions and support regarding Caesarean Section , Childbirth, Diabetes, Depression, Fetal Monitoring, Genetic Testing, Hormonal Changes, Labor, Lamaze, Morning Sickness , Nutrition, Parenting, Prenatal Care, Weight gain.

swelling
Hello!! I know some swelling of the hands and feet are expected but i work 4 10 hour shifts and wear flat shoes but my feet look like they are oozing out of my shoes, if i push on my foot it will leave an indentation in my foot. I drink plenty of water, do you have any suggedtions?
HI!
If you were my patient I would advise you to get some really good support hose such as Jobts stockings--you may need a prescription--they are pricey.
I would also advise you to take frequent breaks and elevate your feet.  You may need to ask your doctor for a note.  Finally, I would make sure that both legs were swollen evenly--if so, it is just the baby.
Good luck!
Dr B
Try compression stockings and elevating your legs whenever possible on breaks and such and cut down on sodium intake.
I will try the compression socks thanks!! I dont have the extra sodium, and have really been trying to watch that, and this morning i was at work an hour and a half and thry were already swollen :(