Pregnancy Expert Forum
taking percocets and weeks pregnant

This forum is for questions and support regarding Caesarean Section , Childbirth, Diabetes, Depression, Fetal Monitoring, Genetic Testing, Hormonal Changes, Labor, Lamaze, Morning Sickness , Nutrition, Parenting, Prenatal Care, Weight gain.

taking percocets and weeks pregnant

and i have had im  natural births  molers preganncy  2 miscarriges and 7 abortions im taking percocets and need to know what to do if its ok and im at risk for having a miscarrige becuase of some many abortions and the pain medication
Hi!
Having so many abortions does put you at risk for some problems.  There is the  possibility that your cervix is weak from being dilated so many times, and you may need a cerclage ( just like Nat1227 described).  It also puts you at risk for placenta previa and placenta accreta.  That is a placenta that blocks the opening of your uterus, and a placenta that won't detach from the uterus after the baby is born, respectively.
Percocet won't cause birth defects, but it will cause addiction in the baby.  If you take it thoughout the pregnancy, the baby will go through withdrawl (withdrawal) after birth.  Ideally we like to taper people off narcotics, or at least down to the lowest possible level to minimize that problem for the babies.
I hope this helps!
Dr B
I don't know if this will help but I just got a cerclage done Tuesday on the 30th by a specialist and for the pain they gave me percocets. And I asked if it would hurt they baby and they said no. So I am assuming it won't hurt the baby but of course as soon as I didn't need them anymore I stopped taking them. Well Good luck. Wish you the best.