Pregnancy Expert Forum
trying to conceive

This forum is for questions and support regarding Caesarean Section , Childbirth, Diabetes, Depression, Fetal Monitoring, Genetic Testing, Hormonal Changes, Labor, Lamaze, Morning Sickness , Nutrition, Parenting, Prenatal Care, Weight gain.

trying to conceive
My husband and I are trying to conceive and he has to take depo testerone shots.  Will the shots lessen his sperm count?
Hi!
If you two were my patients, I would definitely advise doing a semen analysis.  It is possible that whatever condition your husband has could affect his sperm count, and using depo testosterone in high doses for prolonged periods of time can affect the sperm count as well.  IF he does have a low count, there are lots of options for achieving pregnancy, so don't despair!
Good luck!
Dr B
Thank you.  Can you tell me some of the options so I can look into them please?  The reason he is on the depo testosterone in because he doesn't secrete any testosterone.