Pregnancy Expert Forum
unusually light period, negative tests, could i be pregnant?!!!!

This forum is for questions and support regarding Caesarean Section , Childbirth, Diabetes, Depression, Fetal Monitoring, Genetic Testing, Hormonal Changes, Labor, Lamaze, Morning Sickness , Nutrition, Parenting, Prenatal Care, Weight gain.

ok i had my period last month but it was light and my periods are NEVER light had it for 8 days and i stopped on the 7th day but when i got to work the next morning i started bleeding heavy and it was dark red. have been having bad headaches and i eat alot  now. so.... could i be pregnant even though 2 pregnancy test said negative last month?? SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!!!!

by the way been having cramps and im bloated. also get very light headed in the morning with a little nausea.

If you think you might be pregnant, but had a negative HPT, plan on repeating the HPT a week later.  If that too is negative plan on seeing your ob/gyn for irregular bleeding.  

Best regards,

Dr. Downing
Hi i am 23 years old i have 2 healthy children i have always had VERY heavy regular periods bad cramps like enough to keep me in bed for 2 days with a heating pad!! always very bloated !! anyways this month about a week before AF was due i started spotting brown and pink discharge little blood but more of a stringy mucus i thought about implantation bleeding but it has been going on for 5 days now on and off i will go all day and nothing then i go to the bathroom and wipe and there it is and then i will spot a few more times !!!! i have no cramps at all no bloated no nothing although i have been really tired and thirsty!!! i took a HPT today and it was negative AF is due on the 17th today is the 14th so i would think if i was pregnant it would show up !!! please help !!! thank you!!!
I know its hard to wait a few more days but some test have different hcg levels that they pick up.  So try on the 17th or even a couple days past that and you might get a different answer.  Good luck keep us posted.
thank you!!i took an EPT and got a positive yesterday.....took a first response today and it was negative???? waiting on blood work prescription...really confused ...but i was thinking that i just stopped implantation bleeding (if that's what it was) yesterday so maybe i need more time???dont want to get my hopes up but i might have already!!!
That's exciting and confusing at the same time, but good luck keep us posted on your blood work.  Did you take 2 different test, sometime the levels in test are different and one will pick it and the other won't.  Good luck again.