Pregnancy Expert Forum
wondering

This forum is for questions and support regarding Caesarean Section , Childbirth, Diabetes, Depression, Fetal Monitoring, Genetic Testing, Hormonal Changes, Labor, Lamaze, Morning Sickness , Nutrition, Parenting, Prenatal Care, Weight gain.

wondering
My last period started Feb 9 i had sex in the week of Valentines day around 12-16 ....my app says I'm 5 weeks and 3 days....but it says i conceived on the 23....how is that possible and idk what that means
Hi!
If you were my patient, I would explain that your app is correct.  Historically it has been easier to determine the date of the last menstrual period than the actual date of conception (often there is more than one option), so we use "menstrual dates" which actually adds two weeks to the embryologic age. Hope this makes sense to you.  Your dates will seem to be two weeks too far along.  It is just easier to "do the math" this way.
Good luck and congrats!
Dr B
It starts from the first day of your last period
But my question is why does it say my conceived date was the 21? How long can it take to Vivienne a baby after sex?
I mean lt conceive
I mean lt conceive
21st is again how it adds up, that would be the best date to try and conceive if you were trying
I do have something to ask... I had sex with 2 of my exes one on the 13th and the other on 23 if February....in the 25th i took a morning after pill for the 23rd encounter....but 3weeks ago find out that I'm pregnant (obviously) and was wondering what's the best guess when i might have conceived...if the pill didn't work then is it more likely i was already pregnant from my Valentine encounter? My start of my last period was on the 9th of February and lasted only a few days....I'm exactly two months pregnant today