Pregnancy Expert Forum
worried.....
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding Caesarean Section , Childbirth, Diabetes, Depression, Fetal Monitoring, Genetic Testing, Hormonal Changes, Labor, Lamaze, Morning Sickness , Nutrition, Parenting, Prenatal Care, Weight gain.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

worried.....

I have had 3 children successfully, one miscarrage (miscarriage) at 12 wks and a stillborn at 37wks. I had Mirena put in after the birth of my daughter in 07 then i had it removed in may 12 with a new one placed. I later found out that the new one had migrated and not in place so i had to have it removed....i never had any bleeding while on mirena i spotted a few daus after removed had one full period the following month and found out i was pregnant two weeks later. I am 4wks4d and i am very scared of mc because of all the readings ive read about pregnancy loss aftee mirena....does anyone know anything or have positive outcomes for pregnancy right after mirena????
603463_tn?1220630455
Hi!
If you were my patient, I would reassure you that your pregnancy has excellent potential for a good outcome.  I have had several patients conceive immediately after removal of their IUDs and they have had normal healthy babies.
Good luck!
Dr B
4 Comments
Blank
I fell pregnant after having it taken out with my second baby. She is now almost 7yrs old.
Blank
Thanks, how soon after it was removed did you get pregnant with your now 7 yr old daughter?....did you have a smooth pregnancy?
Blank
I am a diabetic who has had 3 pregnancies. One was a normal baby boy was born at 36 week's and four days no complications. He is going to be three. The other two pregnancies have resulted in miscarriages at 18 week's and 23 weeks due to cervical incompetence and subsequent infection. They put in a emergency cervical cerclage during the last pregnancy at around 18 weeks when I started to dialate again. I am now pregnant again. I am 4 weeks and im terrified. The plan is to put in a cerclage in at 12 or 13 weeks and hopefully prevent dialation. What if it doesnt work? Has anyone had successful pregnancies after several miscarriages due to cervical incompetence?
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
603463_tn?1220630455
Elaine Brown, MDBlank
Elaine Brown, MD - BLOG
Billings, MT
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now