Premature Babies Community
Has this happened to anybody else?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to premature babies.

Has this happened to anybody else?

I was debating about posting this question because I know I will not get any response as I have had no luck on any other websites I have been to. Hoping I will have some luck here (crossing fingers). All I want to know is if any other parents had a preemie(s) that was given methadone to help wean them off another pain med. (like morphine) due to surgery. According to the docs, methadone is given to preemies all the time. So why can't I find someone who can relate? I really do feel like I'm all alone. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!
I am sorry that you feel alone.  I am not sure what pain meds were given to my grandaughter after her surgery.  Is the methadone causing a problem?  How long ago was it give to her or is she still on it?  When was the surgery?  Is she still in the hospital?  It is frustrating to feel alone when you are a mom of a sick child.  My daughter has felt that way too.  The best help we found was the other parents in the waiting rooms.  Some of them really went through a lot and were a wealth of info.