Premature Babies Community
My son was born at 23w3days

This patient support community is for discussions relating to premature babies.

My son was born at 23w3days

Hey medhelp,
     Its been awhile since ive been on here...The last time i was on here i was getting help trying to figure out if i was pregnant. I was.. My due date was may 11 09. But he came Jan 15 09. This has been very hard for us. ITs been for days and he is going to have  to be in the nicu for a very long time. He was 1lb 6oz when he was born. And so far so good. I go and see him everyday, i can call and check on him 24/7. I just ask everyone to keep me and LIL ARCHIE in your thoughts and prayers.
aww hun...ive been down the same road not too long ago.

My son was born on march 20, 2008....but my dute date wasent till July 9th 2008, he was born right on 24 weeks he was 1 lbs 7 oz....it was hard, very hard...the NICU life is very unpredictible and many ups and down...one day he would be fine and the next they did not know if he was going to make it, we had many odds against us, but hes a strong little guy he pulled tru after 111 days in the NICU, my miracle was sent home one day before my due date....ill never forget that day....the most happiest day of my life.

My son is now over 20 lbs and almost 30 ich, i have some pics on my page you can look tru......if you need support someone to talk to im here for you....our story is long...but i would love to share it with you....please just always be positive and let Archie know that you are there for him.....email me lisa n vito @ yahoo . com

you and your family will be in my prayers.

Yes... those days in the nicu are very long its been about 5days... and he is doing good so far.. I have a question? did you pump breast milk for him? and if so how soon did the start giving it to him? and did it show alot of improvement with his well begin?
I know what it is like to have a child in the NICU. I had my twins at 23week1day on Jan 11 2004 when they were not due until May 2004. My son Robert was in the NICU until May and his twin brother, John, was in the NICU until Aug 2004. However, John was home only a week before he passed away. I will definiatly keep you in my prayers. Feel free to ask me any questions.