Premature Babies Community
Normal feeding after NEC
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to premature babies.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Normal feeding after NEC

Hi, my name is Karen.  I had a premature baby in June 2009.  He developed NEC and had to have 2 surgeries to remove and repair his intestines.  My question is:  He is on the formula Pregestimil.  What is the best way to introduce baby food?  My pediatrician wants to wait until he is a year old.  He is starting to have some problems gaining weight.  My thinking is that if we can start supplementing his food, he will gain weight.  Any thoughts on this?
Tags: nec
Related Discussions
I would ask the doctor about that But they do make formula with extra calories duo cal and neosure and enfamil has one too also you have to take into consideration if his physical activity has increased witch may be why he is not increasing weight.  I went through this with my son and they sent me to a nutritionist he was a little older though and they wanted me to give him butter and heavy cream in everything those 200 cal to feeding but consult doctor if you are really concerned get referal to nutritionist they have them at childrens hospital.  Good luck
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Premature Babies Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Control Emotional Eating with this ...