Premature Babies Community
Pregnant again after 2 prems
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to premature babies.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Pregnant again after 2 prems

Hi everyone,

I have a very complicated obstetric history, so I will give you a quick snapshot.

- I have a blood condition called anti cardio lipin antibody. This makes my blood thicker than normal and can lead to dangerous blood clots, so I take aspirin daily to thin my blood.
- I lost my first child at 22 weeks due to a fatal hereditary condition.
- I gave birth to my second son at 29 weeks due to spontaneous preterm labour. After 3 months in NICU he is now a healthy boy.
- I have birth to my third son, 15 months later at 27 weeks due to again, spontaneous preterm labour. Again, after 3 months in NICU, he is a healthy boy, who attends therapies for minor issues such as physio for walking and speech therapy.

My children are now aged nearly 3 and 1.5 and whilst we were considering having another child, this was not going to be decided until my eldest son was 5. Unfortunately this decision was made for us, as my conception failed last month and I have just found out I'm pregnant again. Whilst we were in shock initially, this baby is wanted and I will do everything in my power to keep this one in a bit longer.

I am only just pregnant (at 6 weeks) confirmed by bloods and scan. I am trying not to get too far ahead with my worry, but I am really interested to know if anyone has been through this twice and has gone on to have a full term (or near full term) baby. I also would like to know if anyone has any information on the types of therapies/ drugs that are available to help prevent or stop the labour? Finally, I am just generally freaking out, because I honestly don't think I am mentally prepared to go through this again so soon. It nearly broke me last time! Any advice?

Thanks,

Nikki

1330108_tn?1333680904
Hi Nikki. Have you talked to your OB about progesterone daily?  That is what my OB said ill need next time to prevent premature birth. I would talk to your OB and ask. Wishing you the best. Congrats!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Premature Babies Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...