Premature Babies Community
Thin Uterus / Matris

This patient support community is for discussions relating to premature babies.

Thin Uterus / Matris

Hi Doc,

Our OB informed us two and half years ago that my wife has a thin uterus, and ask if she wants a ligate but my wife refuse. anyhow the doctor advise that she should be pregnant after 7 years.

we used natural method but by luck or something, she got pregnant again.

Below is my query
1. what is the effect of thin uterus in pregnancy?
2. is there a chance we will have premature babies due to this?
3. How can we make the uterus thick? is there any food or vitamins.
4. what is the danger to my wife?

we will see an OB accordingly but im researching as well.
The ob-gyn should check the lining of her uterus by ultrasound.  If your wife is pregnant, it might be a self-correcting problem, as the estrogen produced by the pregnancy should thicken the lining.  There are various foods said to help the lining, and also acupuncture is said to be able to increase the blood flow to the uterus (but find an acupuncturist who specializes in fertility issues if you go that route).  The foods are:  turkey, eggs, whole milk, walnuts, Brazil nuts, pineapple core.  No caffeine.
Thanks, May i know what are the risk?
Do you mean what are the risks of having an inadequate uterine lining during pregnancy, or do you mean the risks of having an ultrasound?
Hi, I mean the risks of having an inadequate uterine lining during pregnancy. thanks........
Talk to the doctor.  I just don't think a diagnosis of a thin uterine lining back when not pregnant, applies to someone who is pregnant.  The hormones of pregnancy automatically thicken the lining.