Premature Babies Community
Weak cervix'!???

This patient support community is for discussions relating to premature babies.

Weak cervix'!???

Hi I'm 23 yrs old, I was pregnant 5 months ago, I had my baby from an emergency C section because I was fully dilated,  my baby born at 25 wks and after one month of life she  passed away and the doctors told me that I have a weak cervix,it's that true or not?? I couple weeks before I give birth I was loosing a lot of mucus and feeling pressure down!! Late on I was feeling contractions! Then when my baby born I start feeling contraction every 3 minutes and then I start bleeding, when the do tic checked me I was fully dilated! Why that happen so soon!????
Tags: Baby
First off I want to say that I sorry for your loss, and my prayers are with you. I also have what you are referring to (incompetent cervix). Where the cervix is not strong enough or thick enough to hold the baby. Therefore your cervix dilates and you go into labor. I didn't know I had this until my first pregnancy. My daughter was born at 27 weeks, she was a little over 2 lbs. She is now a healthy 12 year old. My second pregnancy I had a cervical cerclage (stitch in my cervix) to prevent it from dilating. My son was also a premi, due to infecting that ruptured my water. I am now pregnant for a third time. I just had the surgery for the cerclage and I am on bed rest at 15 weeks. Hoping that this baby makes it to at least 37 weeks.   Now that you know that you have this and if you become pregnant again there are things that your doc can do to prevent this from happening again.
Hi there Im sorry to hear this I also have an incompetent cervix. I have given birth to 2 prem babies my 1st one was at 23 weeks and she is now 2 and healthy as can be. I recently gave birth to my son he unfortunately didn't make it as he was only 17weeks I was only 2 days away from having the stitch put in. My partner and I are starting to try for another baby. I recommend going to see your doctor who should be able to put you through to a specialist ob/gyn who can help u plan the pregnancy out and may be able to work with you to make sure that what ever way is best for you to carry the baby to a viable stage of the pregnancy is organised early to help prevent anything like this from happening again (remember there is no guarentee)