Premature Babies Community
about progesterone shots
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to premature babies.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

about progesterone shots

Hi,
I am 25+3 weeks preggo, and this is my second. My first child was born in 34 weeks, I went on spontenious labor. He didn hav any problem except jaundece. So this time my doctor recommend me to take progesterone shots, n i started to take the shot fm week 19. My question is how effetive is this shots to prevent preterm? Is there anybody who had premature baby first, but the 2nd was full term bcuz of taking progesterone shot. I am kind of worried and scared.
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Hello I have been taking the shots since I was 16 weeks after a preterm which resulted in fatality. the success that the hospital I attend with progesterone is great. it didn't help the with my short cervix but even tho my cervix has shortened & is funneling extremely since 19 weeks the doctors do attribute her hanging in there to the progesterone. When I was told I had to take the shots I did some research as it turns out Makena is the only brand that is fda approved so if u have to take them u might as well get the best. Good Luck
Blank
1330108_tn?1333680904
I have had friends with HUGE success from progesterone shots :)
Blank
I am 7 weeks n found out my progesterone level is low I am going to take progesterone vaginal but worried your post gave me some piece of mind
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Premature Babies Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...