placenta abruption advise
HI I am now 18 weeks along.  All the trouble started at 9 weeks when i was seen at the ER for hemorrhaging I thought i was having a my 3rd mc, but I was sent home after being told I was miscarrying and to rest, The next day i got in to my regular Dr she is a family practice and DO. to make a long story short after an ultra sound they found the baby alive and that 20% of the placenta was not attached. i was on 2 weeks of bed rest. bled for almost 2 months. Now she says i can do most normal things, not allowed to work yet. however after researching It seems like most ppl are on bed rest the rest of the time to keep it from tearing off completely. Im so scared I will end up having to push out a dead baby. I had some bleeding again last week and my uterus felt like it was severely bruised feeling of pain. Im scared it tore a bit more, didn't go in for it bc they say there is nothing to do for it but i have a us and dr apt the end of the month.  I do listed to babys hear beat  every few day. Do you think i should have been on bed rest the whole time or see a specialist or what do you think? any experience of this?
hi there my name is tina same thing happen to me in 2004 i did end up losting my baby boy but you should say on bed rest the less you walk or work you will not bleed and your placenta will not tear any bigger
Last year I had placenta abruption I started to bleed early in my pregnancy 7 weeks and lots of clotting size of golf balls everything was fine in my ultrasounds and prenatal appointment's. I was cramping through out my whole pregnancy. My doc said the baby was fine. At 21 weeks I went into labor and lost my little girl separation of placenta. Now I am 12 weeks prego and I am experiencing the exact same thing as you i have had three blood pours and the last one I clotted the size of a grapefruit  i too though it was a miscarry but they did a ultrasound and saw a live baby. They said at 9 weeks that the problem would fix itself, and at 11 weeks they said I have to wait and see what happens. My advise would be  to get a specialist from your M.D. the specialists will help you and give you usually a ultrasound every month to check baby. My specialist is giving me  medicine to stop me from dilating early and to stop early contractions. They also do a series of tests to find out were your bleeding is coming from and then recommend the best solution for your needs and the baby's. Ever since I've been seeing a specialists i feel more confidant that my baby is well being looked after my bleeding has stopped and the baby is in great health I also had a tiny separation of the placenta with this pregnancy but i get a lot of rest don't lift anything heavy and I found that a pregnancy body pillow helps a million with comfort for you and your baby I hope this helps.Also I have has Placenta Abruptions with four pregnancy's and three lived and going on 13 weeks prego now. I hope this helps hun. If you can  may you please let me know how your doing thanks:)