Preventive Medicine Expert Forum
Cholesterol levels
About This Forum:

Questions in this forum are being answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics covered are Primary Care Vaccinations, Infectious Disease Prevention, Cancer Screening, Cancer Prevention, Cardiovascular Disease Prevention, Heart Disease Prevention, Health Screening (includes non-cancer and non-cardiovascular diseases such as osteoporosis), Preventive Medicines, Healthy Living / Health and Wellness, Weight Loss, Healthy Eating, Pregnancy & Birth Control, Childhood Preventive Care, Tobacco & Alcohol Counseling, Primary Care.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Cholesterol levels

I am 65, never smoked and had some blood work done the otherday. My cholesterol came back as follows ***@****, HDL@35, TRIGLYC@ 138, TC@ 168, Glucose @ 97

Ok, I rarely eat eggs opting instead for Eggbeaters etc. I try to increase soluble fiber by eating oatmeal, fruit, more veggies and as to meat chicken at least twice a week, fish at least once one "meatless" day and beef 2-3 days. Breaeds tend to be whole grains, Can't tell you the last time I saw the golden arches, do like red wine and most evening meals I have some but not all I also take a multi vitamin and I enjoy pasta about once a week at least sometimes more... about 1/3 of the time I use whole wheat. I also need to lose 60lbs;) and am working on that...so, what should I be concerned with and what else can/should I do? By the way my dad is 101 and eats meat6x a week without regard to fat content.