Lisinopril vs moexipril
My insurance didn't cover moexpril(7.5mg) so my do changed me to lisinopril (40mg). Are those two doses equal to each other because there is a big difference in mg's?
Thanks for your question. Dosages between one drug to another, even in the same drug class, do not correlate. Thus from the dose alone you cannot tell which drug dosage is "stronger."

I have never used moexpril before. But from reading about it, the starting dose is 7.5mg daily and goes up to 30mg daily. Lisinopril, a drug I use often (it's low cost and effective), typically is dosed starting at 10mg daily (though you can start at lower doses) and is increased to a maximum of 40mg daily (though you can go as high as 80mg). From this alone, it would appear that moexpril 7.5mg is not equivalent to lisinopril 40mg. I would talk to your doctor further about this.

More important than the drug or the dose is getting your condition under control (which in this case I assume is high blood pressure).

- Dr. Nundy