Low total Cholesterol
I just go a random total cholesterol done on world heart day, it came out to 2.59 mmol or 100mg/dl.

should I be concerned at this low level?

last test done in 2006 showed 190mg/dl

Please advise
Great question. In general we don't yet understand for cholesterol how low is too low. Cholesterol clearly plays some important functions in the body but scientists have not been able to demonstrate a level of total cholesterol below which people are harmed. It's also important to keep in mind that there are many types of cholesterol that make up your "random total cholesterol". Amongst others this includes LDL, HDL and triglycerides. LDL is considered "bad" cholesterol, the lower the better. HDL is the "good" kind, the higher the better. Generally having an HDL over 60 mg/dl is protective for heart disease. A useful next step would be to get a cholesterol "panel" that would tell you how much of each type of cholesterol you have. However, that being said, in an otherwise healthy person, even with a low HDL and a normal LDL we typically wouldn't start a medication, rather we'd advise increased exercise, which can increase HDL levels.
Hope that helps.
Doctor Ratings & Reviews
Comprehensive info on 720K doctors.
Complete reviews, ratings & more.