Preventive Medicine Expert Forum
Opinion of Pelvic Sonogram Report
About This Forum:

Questions in this forum are being answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics covered are Primary Care Vaccinations, Infectious Disease Prevention, Cancer Screening, Cancer Prevention, Cardiovascular Disease Prevention, Heart Disease Prevention, Health Screening (includes non-cancer and non-cardiovascular diseases such as osteoporosis), Preventive Medicines, Healthy Living / Health and Wellness, Weight Loss, Healthy Eating, Pregnancy & Birth Control, Childhood Preventive Care, Tobacco & Alcohol Counseling, Primary Care.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Opinion of Pelvic Sonogram Report

Recently had a pelvic sonogram; the report states the following:
Uterus measures 9x3x5cm with an endometrial stripe measure 6 mm in width.  no free fluid.  rt ovary measure 2.1x2.4x2.3 cm and contains 1 cm follicles.  lf ovary measure 3.2x 2.0x2.1 cm and contains two simple cysts measureing 2.2 and 1.5 cm in greatest dimension.

impression:  two simple left ovarian cysts.

could you explain with the endometrial stripe is, and why its measured - its signficance.  also what would free fluid be of importantce.  what are follicles and what is their significance; and the 'simple' cysts-are they considered large and should they be worrisome?

I went to see my doctor because of pelvic pain and pressure that has never been felt before.  Cancer does run in my family.
Thanks