Preventive Medicine Expert Forum
appropriate blood tests for annual physical
About This Forum:

Questions in this forum are being answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics covered are Primary Care Vaccinations, Infectious Disease Prevention, Cancer Screening, Cancer Prevention, Cardiovascular Disease Prevention, Heart Disease Prevention, Health Screening (includes non-cancer and non-cardiovascular diseases such as osteoporosis), Preventive Medicines, Healthy Living / Health and Wellness, Weight Loss, Healthy Eating, Pregnancy & Birth Control, Childhood Preventive Care, Tobacco & Alcohol Counseling, Primary Care.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank

appropriate blood tests for annual physical

my 54 yr old husband went to doctor on 5/24/11.  He told her he was there for his annual physical.  She listened to his heart, palpated his abdominal area.  The only blood tests she ordered were PSA, Free Testosterone and a test for diabetes, the three he specifically asked for.  The year before he he was tested for CBC with Differential, Comp. Metabolic Panel, Kidney and Liver Function tests and Lipid Panel with LDL/HDL ratio and TSH. for his annual physical. This was done through another doctor in the practice.  He had assumed that she would retest all these again this year, therefore he did not specifically name them

He did not have to ask specifically for any of these tests the year before.  Why didn't the new doctor order these tests too?  Isn't that standard practice for an annual physical of a man his age?  Does he we now have to individually name each of the 44 tests ordered in the 2010 blood tests in order to get good care?  We have good insurance so money is not a consideration.  I am also in good health and receive all these tests every year without asking for each one individually.  I just say I want my annual blood tests as did he.  Do you think she is negligent?