31 years old with PSA slightly high and prostatic nodules

4 years ago my husband, 27 years old went to the urologist because he noticed blood in semen, Dr. did rectal examination and found nothing, PSA was .80, Prostatic Ultrasound was done and reflected a inhomogeneous with a size of 22cc, two nodules in the right lobe and calcification, Dr advised to have annual PSA, now in 2012 with 31 years my husband started feeling pain in the groin area and testicles after ejaculation, PSA was 2.27, a slightly high for his age, Dr. did the rectal exam and felt nothing abnormal, repeated Prostatic Ultrasound and semen culture for suspected Prostatitis, semen culture was negative and this was the result of Prostatic Ultrasond: 21.7cc Prostate normal size, calcified nodularity seen at the main gland, Small hypoechoic Also nodularity seen at right lobe prostatic gland close to the base. Compared with prior examination When Performed in 2008 there is no significant interval change in size of prostatic gland with the central calcific still persistence of gland nodularity. We have appointment with Dr. in 3 weeks but  anxiety is killing me. At his age, it is possible to have BPH or Prostatitis and not cancer. Please advise. Thanks.
Hi there!

This is likely to be due to a benign cause such as an inflammation than a malignancy of the prostate; though further testing may be advised to be on the safer side.
Hope this helps.

Take care!
Maybe for our peace in mind it would be better if  Dr. perform more studies but I have faith that it is something benign like Prostatitis. Thanks for your reply, I will keep you informed you.