Prostate Cancer Community
After seed implants

This patient support community is for discussions relating to advanced or metastatic prostate cancer, biopsy, bone scan, blood in urine or semen, benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH), CT scan, cystoscopy, erectile dysfunction (ED), hormone therapy, incontinence, pain (abdomen, lower back or hip), PSA test, prostatitis, radiation therapy, rectal exam, recurrent cancer, screening, staging (tumor size, metastasis), transrectal ultrasound, and urinary difficulty, burning, or urgency (leaking).

After seed implants

After my father's seed implants, he was told to avoid children and pregnant women.  He has isolated himself for 2 months because he does not want to harm anyone.  Now he was told "2 seeds moved but to a good location", however "he must go another 2 months with no nearer than 6 feet between him and children, pregnant women.  Does this make sense?  I fear the isolation is doing him harm, causing depression and decreasing his mental and physical abilities.  Thank you for your help.
I was seeded in 04 but they only told me to wait  a couple of weeks. If you wanted a definitive answer, look up the Dattoli Clinic in sarasota florida and give them a call. Have the info ready with type of seeds and such that he had recieved and just ask their recommendation. I think the two months is a bit much.
gary
My husband had seed implants on 10-20-08 and has been in constant pain since that time.  His oncologist had him come in 1 month after implant procedure for catscan to see if a seed was on or near a nerve.  Initially, the doctor said everything looked fine, but after another week or so of constant pain, he decided that a seed must be on a nerve and prescribed oxycodone and neurontin.  My husband has been on the pain pills and the pain has not gone away.  The pain seems to be in the prostate area and really hurts in that area when he urinates.  It has been so bad that he cannot sit down to even eat.
He spends most of his time on the couch on his side.  The doctor told him that the seeds could not be removed and he is so tired of the pain and tired of taking pain meds and is to the point that he is talking about having the prostate gland removed surgically.
The doctor said that he has never seen this problem before.  Has anyone had an experience like this?
I am three months out from seeding  and my pain and discomfort are great. The Dr. put a camera up my penis the other day and said everything looked good. I get sever attacks of pain in the penis area in the nite that knock me to the floor that lasts about 15 min., the Dr. will not give any pain med.. I also have frequent urges with no production and needless to say not getting sleep is not helping. I would not recommend seeding to anyone.