Prostate Cancer Community
Anal Fissure? Fistula? Absolutely at my wits end

This patient support community is for discussions relating to advanced or metastatic prostate cancer, biopsy, bone scan, blood in urine or semen, benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH), CT scan, cystoscopy, erectile dysfunction (ED), hormone therapy, incontinence, pain (abdomen, lower back or hip), PSA test, prostatitis, radiation therapy, rectal exam, recurrent cancer, screening, staging (tumor size, metastasis), transrectal ultrasound, and urinary difficulty, burning, or urgency (leaking).

My butt started hurting back in the summer.  I went to my PCP who said it's most likely an internal hemmorhoid and put me on a fiber diet.  

Well whenever I have sex it HURTS.  My *** that is.  It feels like the entire sphincter is swollen.  So I went back to the doctor.  They took a look with the scope and said they couldn't see or feel anything.

I wasn't cool with this answer and I shouldn't be in this much pain.  I changed PCP's.  She said she thought I had an anal cyst, she felt something spongy.  

The pain was too severe to wait to see the colorectal surgeon so I went to the ER.  They do an exam and think I have a mass, they do every blood test known to man, along with the CT scan with differential.

My new doctor reads it and says there is nothing wrong with your uterus and your sphincter is swollen.

I go to the colorectal surgeon and she says she can't see anything.  Nothing appears to be wrong and she suspects I have a tear.  I been using the creams for 2 months, it appeared to be healing but now it hurts like hell again.

I have no blood.  My stomach does not hurt.  It HURTS when I have sex..feels like my *** is ripping apart.  I have no fever, no infection.  They did the lymph node blood test, nothing there either.  Now it's itching on top of all this.  I can literally feel the sphincter contracting.  I have an appt. Jan 8th for a second opinion but honestly I just don't know if I can wait that long.  I mean I hurt, its everyday.  I can't afford not to work but its just too much.  Nothing is helping.

What the hell is wrong with my butt.  Why won't anyone take this seriously?  Should I go back to the ER and flip the hell out until someone DOES something other than looking and saying I'm fine.  I don't think constant *** pain is normal.

Help, please.  I don't know what else to do.  
Hi there!

Well, without a detailed clinical evaluation it would be difficult to determine the cause of your symptoms. Possibilities that may need to be considered include GI/ GU infections, inflammations, neuro-mmuscular causes, growths/ masses etc. I would suggest considering an evaluation by a gastroenterologist for a detailed evaluation and suggestion of an appropriate management plan. If need be, a gynaecological consult may be sought.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!
Thank you.