Atypical Biopsy
My physical showed a PSA reading of 5, so I had a prostate biopsy. My urologist said the results were good. 11 sample were clear, the 12th was atypical. He wants another biopsy in 6 months. There's not a lot of information around on "atypical" but it doesn't  "good" to me. A follow up biopsy seems to find cancer 40 to 60% of the time. Any insights?

I understand the frustration of getting equivocal findings after invasive testing, but you are not really alone in this. There are some findings that a subsequent or a concurrent cancer can be found indeed when there is a report of atypical findings (the figures may be around what you estimate, there are reports that it may reach as much as 60% of cases, the difficulty with any particular report is that it is usually based on a few patients only. A review on the subject listed several studies with samples ranging from 30 to 300 men, and the average value seems to be 40%), and the advice that a repeat biopsy is a reasonable step to take.