Prostate Cancer Expert Forum
Blood in semen

This forum is for questions about: Advanced or Metastatic Prostate Cancer, Biopsy, Bone Scan, Blood in Urine or Semen, Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia (BPH), CT Scan, Cystoscopy, Erectile Dysfunction, Hormone Therapy, Incontinence, Pain (abdomen, low back or hip), PSA Test, Prostatitis , Radiation Therapy, Rectal Exam, Recurrent Cancer, Risk Factors, Screening, Staging (Tumor size; Metastasis), Surgery, Transrectal Ultrasound, Urinary Difficulty or Burning, Urinary Urgency (Leaking), Watchful Waiting.

Blood in semen

About 3 weeks ago I noticed that my semen was kind of an orangish color which really had me worried.  I abstained from all sexual activity and now have had a closer look.  My semen is white and clear with brownish lumps in it.  It resembles seeds when you cut open a tomato.  I looked online and now I have determined that I must have prostate cancer.  I'm not a hypo, but my legs have swelled during the day and my pelvis gets stiff if I sit some a period of time and takes a while to stretch out.  
Change in semen quality is not a common presentation for prostate cancer.  A blood test (PSA) and rectal exam are used primarily to screen for prostate cancer.

Commonly, a change in semen and symptoms can be due to infection of the prostate.  Your doctor can do some urine and semen test to check for infection and place you on the proper antibiotics.
Thank you for your reply.  I know I have anticipated the worst case, but my insurance will not go into effect until July 1.  I have been here at work all year and they have a 6 month waiting period.  Fair enough.  I'm resonably healthy and have lost 100 lbs in the last year and a half.  I eat as healthy as a can and I am religious about getting to the gym everyday.  If this is serious I would like to go to the Dr. and just pay cash for the visit, but I don't want my insurance to finally kick in and be declined because of a previous existing condition.   I'm afraid if I wait, it will get worse and if I go in, I'll queer my insurance.