Prostate Cancer Community
Can masturbation cause PSA elevation?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to advanced or metastatic prostate cancer, biopsy, bone scan, blood in urine or semen, benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH), CT scan, cystoscopy, erectile dysfunction (ED), hormone therapy, incontinence, pain (abdomen, lower back or hip), PSA test, prostatitis, radiation therapy, rectal exam, recurrent cancer, screening, staging (tumor size, metastasis), transrectal ultrasound, and urinary difficulty, burning, or urgency (leaking).

Can masturbation cause PSA elevation?

I'm in my mid-40s and in very healthy and fit, but my PSA has risen from .8 to 1.7 in the last year.  The only thing that's changed in that time is that I was divorced early on and have been celibate but have masturbated frequently.  Could this be responsible for the increase my my PSA total?  A digital exam indicates that my prostate is small and of normal texture, with no nodules or lumps.
in a short time,Thats a huge jump in the #s. I doubt it's from mast. Might be a Blessing in disguise. Nodules and/or lumps are not always part of the picture. Repeat the psa every 3 months and let us know how you make out. Good Luck!