Prostate Cancer Community
Enlarge prostate: What can I expect?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to advanced or metastatic prostate cancer, biopsy, bone scan, blood in urine or semen, benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH), CT scan, cystoscopy, erectile dysfunction (ED), hormone therapy, incontinence, pain (abdomen, lower back or hip), PSA test, prostatitis, radiation therapy, rectal exam, recurrent cancer, screening, staging (tumor size, metastasis), transrectal ultrasound, and urinary difficulty, burning, or urgency (leaking).

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Enlarge prostate: What can I expect?

Oh my God I am scare to death. About 3 weeks ago I was experiencing some ejaculation mild pain. So I visit my Dr. he send me for labs and ultrasound. PSA levels came 1.322. But then the ultrasound reading is: Enlarge prostate with heterogeneity. Prostate measures 4.5 X 4.5 X 5.1 cm with a volume of 53.4 cc. It is heterogeneous and indents at the base of the urinary bladder. I am 47, with pulmonary valve replacement and AF. I am very depress. What can I expect?
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
3149845_tn?1386354841
Hi and welcome and sorry the late reply. Youve nothing to worry about since you psa is quite low but do check it again in 6 months. Enlarged prostate is very common and they have great med to reduce the size so urinating will not be affected. This is a common as the flu. Whats your age and do you have a prior psa report number?
Blank
I am 47 years old. Past psa reports has been always as or below current results. Thank you for you response.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Prostate Cancer Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Emotional Eating: What Your Closet ...