Prostate Cancer Community
Hard, painful lump on top of penis shaft under skin

This patient support community is for discussions relating to advanced or metastatic prostate cancer, biopsy, bone scan, blood in urine or semen, benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH), CT scan, cystoscopy, erectile dysfunction (ED), hormone therapy, incontinence, pain (abdomen, lower back or hip), PSA test, prostatitis, radiation therapy, rectal exam, recurrent cancer, screening, staging (tumor size, metastasis), transrectal ultrasound, and urinary difficulty, burning, or urgency (leaking).

I am 15 years old and have a hard, painful lump under the skin on the top of my penis shaft. It is only painful if you touch it or try to moved it less than delicately but I am worried about it nonetheless because based on other answers to problems I have seen like this around the internet it is different from an average pimple or cyst. I thought at first it could perhaps be a build up of sperm but it isn't anywhere near the urethra so I don't think it can be. As I said it is on the TOP of the penis shaft rather than the bottom and is under the skin. It isn't very big, about the size of a pea and there is a smaller one just underneath it that has the same symptoms. I am worried about this because it doesn't seem to fit in with other similar descriptions of cysts or blockages I have seen.