Hormone shots
My farther went thru radiation treatment for protate cancer 7 yrs ago. Now my 78 yr old father is getting quarterly hormone shots to bring down his psa.  He will receive his 4th one in dec.  He is experiencing confusion and memory loss.  We are having him checked for dementia but could the shots have this type of side effect? He is also taking cholesterol and blood pressure med.  
Hormone therapy may be associated with decreased mental acuity. As with all neurological symptoms it is important to note the nature and time of when they started. Given that this does not seem to be a recent phenomenon, it is unlikely that confusion and memory loss is associated with hormone therapy for prostate cancer.

Sincerely,

Ash Tewari, MD
A related discussion, hormone shot was started.
Doctor Ratings & Reviews
Comprehensive info on 720K doctors.
Complete reviews, ratings & more.