Prostate Cancer Community
How long to take antibiotics?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to advanced or metastatic prostate cancer, biopsy, bone scan, blood in urine or semen, benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH), CT scan, cystoscopy, erectile dysfunction (ED), hormone therapy, incontinence, pain (abdomen, lower back or hip), PSA test, prostatitis, radiation therapy, rectal exam, recurrent cancer, screening, staging (tumor size, metastasis), transrectal ultrasound, and urinary difficulty, burning, or urgency (leaking).

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

How long to take antibiotics?

I am 36 years-old. Last year I was diagnosed with a prostate infection. I was given antibiotics which seemed to work but never completely cleared the symptoms which included frequent urination and slight discomfort in the area of the prostate. I went back to my doctor who prescribed more antibiotics and the symptoms went away. Six months later they returned and I was given more antibiotics and my doctor scheduled x-rays of my kidneys/bladder. X-rays were negative. I took antibiotics for a month and the last 10 days the symptoms were gone and I felt like my old self. A week after the antibiotics ran out, my frequent urination has returned. Does this problem require longer treatments of antibiotics than a month or should I be concerned that there is something else at cause here?
Tags: prostasis