Prostate Cancer Community
Incorrect technique to give Zoladex (i.e. Vertical stab into abdomen.)
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to advanced or metastatic prostate cancer, biopsy, bone scan, blood in urine or semen, benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH), CT scan, cystoscopy, erectile dysfunction (ED), hormone therapy, incontinence, pain (abdomen, lower back or hip), PSA test, prostatitis, radiation therapy, rectal exam, recurrent cancer, screening, staging (tumor size, metastasis), transrectal ultrasound, and urinary difficulty, burning, or urgency (leaking).

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Incorrect technique to give Zoladex (i.e. Vertical stab into abdomen.)

I have been on Zoladex for PC for 6.5 years now. 12 weeks ago a new clinic nurse injected the Goserline straight down into the abdomen, with some considerable force.  
I am concerned of tissue damage because it is not introduced subdermally as normal and the side-effects started within 7 days and and some are still with me.  I am due to return this week for my next injection. Will this start up more side effects OR will the previous injection being sited incorrectly place me at risk of 'firing-up' my Ca?
I appreciate anxiety is one of the side effects. Now I wish to self-administer the drug as I have lost all faith in this clinic nurse.
Am I at risk from her incorrect technique?
This is my main concern.
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
1711789_tn?1361311607
Hi there!

Intra-abdominal subcutaneous injections require little expertise and the abdominal wall being think, an injection made straight into the abdomen is most likely to have been subcutaneous, without any increased risk of carcinoma flare. Also a nurse is a trained professional and there is no reason to suspect an inappropriate technique.
Hope the information is helpful.

Take care!
Blank
Thank you Doctor. As a trained nurse, I am well aware of the distinction between a subcutaneous injection and vertical stab injection.
What I was given WAS a verical stab and I am concerned about the goserline being introduced into the wrong place / tissue. I have already experienced a number of weeks of side effects, but no-one is considering what side effects are possible. I know what I have recorded.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Prostate Cancer Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
How to Silence Your Inner Critic an...