Is vitamin c therapy appropriate?
I had seed implants 5 years ago.  My PSA has risen rapidly & my doctor administered a hormone injection.. The side effects have been severe & I am reluctant to continue with the injections.  I have inquired about proton therapy but was told that having had the implants excludes me.  I need to know if the vit C treatment is worthwhile persuing.  If so,  where are the doctors involved with this treatment?  My physician never mentioned this treatment.
There is much controversy regarding the relationship between vitamin C intake and prostate cancer risk. Some studies show that increased levels of vitamin C reduce one's risk for prostate cancer. Other studies show that vitamin C has no effect on this risk.

On the other hand, the relationship between vitamin C as a treatment for prostate cancer is quite surprising. One group, at Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center found that prostate tumors consume large amounts of vitamin C. Dr. David Agus, the principal investigator of this study, emphasizes that "tumors appear to have nutritional needs, similar to other healthy cells, but take in larger amounts of this vitamin." More research needs to be done to find out the exact role of vitamin C in prostate cancer treatment.

Looking for a Doctor?
Shop for health care like an expert. Find the best doctors based on reviews from patients like you.