Prostate Cancer Expert Forum
Lump between scrotom and anus

This forum is for questions about: Advanced or Metastatic Prostate Cancer, Biopsy, Bone Scan, Blood in Urine or Semen, Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia (BPH), CT Scan, Cystoscopy, Erectile Dysfunction, Hormone Therapy, Incontinence, Pain (abdomen, low back or hip), PSA Test, Prostatitis , Radiation Therapy, Rectal Exam, Recurrent Cancer, Risk Factors, Screening, Staging (Tumor size; Metastasis), Surgery, Transrectal Ultrasound, Urinary Difficulty or Burning, Urinary Urgency (Leaking), Watchful Waiting.

Lump between scrotom and anus

I found a lump about and inch long and half inch wide between my scrotum and anus - closer to the scrotum.  This lump will come and go, usually every few weeks I will get it and it lasts about 2 - 3 weeks.  The thing that causes me the most concern is when I do get the lump it is very sore in the begining but as time goes on the soreness subsides completely and that's when it will start to bleed.  The bleeding will stay for about a day or two, then afterwards the lump goes away for a while.  I have gone recently to my family doctor and had a prostate exam, however he said my prostate was just fine and didn't know what the lump could be.  Would you be able to shed some light on this for me.... I am getting a bit concerned from the bleeding.
It is difficult for me to say over this forum what this could be. Given its size and bleeding, a visit to a dermatologist or surgeon would be warranted.

Sincerely,

AKT
A related discussion, concerned was started.